Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lazy Daze of Summer

Been taking a self-imposed break from some of my responsibilities. Ok, should probably just be called lazy. But, everyone gets that way sometimes.

August seems to have vanished without a trace. I don't remember doing much that would be considered constructive. I did get my son and daughter-in-law's wedding pictures printed, finally, after a year! They've been stored in the computer. I hadn't taken the time to decide which ones I wanted to put in the album. Guess I'll count that as being constructive. Sometimes this computer stuff makes one lazy. I mean, I had the pictures THERE, so why bother putting them in an album. I may not have even done that if it weren't for the fact #1 son and his bride had given us an engraved album last year.

Last week we had gorgeous weather. Hubby took a week's vacation. We hoped it would be less stressful than the vacation he took in July, which actually ended up being a bust. That vacation time we spent cleaning up after a flash flood off of the hills and then poor Hubby got sick with some kind of flu bug. Took him a month to get over that stuff! The doc said it wasn't the dreaded H1N1, just plain old flu/cold. This time, he got to enjoy his time off, just doing some little odds 'n ends he'd wanted to do. We took a couple of day trips, one in the Jeep, one on the motorcycle. I can certainly understand his reluctance to head back to his 8-4:30 routine today. But, as I remind him, be thankful to have that 8-4:30.

The horses wait for me to do something constructive with them. They are so patient. Well, realistically, they have no choice.

At least I'm done with my medical issues, for the time being. Had to have one more body scan to make sure there were no remaining thyroid tissue. Three weeks of the low iodine diet, again, then running to the doctor and hospital the last week of August.

So, time to change things up a little. Get busy and get out of this late summer whatever it is! Life doesn't wait so patiently, it continues on no matter how lazy we get with our personal time.

No comments: