Monday, March 8, 2010

Absolutely Perfect Birthday!

Saturday was my 49th birthday. I look at that number and say, whoa! How'd that sneak up on me?  But then I realize, it took all those years to have the perfect day I enjoyed Saturday.

The weather was gorgeous. After all the winter storms of February, the past weekend was our reward for persevering through the bad winter weather. Bright sunshine and clear blue skies!

Hubby and I simply enjoyed our day. We had a few things we attended to in the morning including attending a gun & knife show and then stopping by a jewelery store to see about getting my original engagement ring re-set. I'd been meaning to do the ring thing for a long time. I told him that's what I wanted for my birthday this year. I'll either be getting a ring close to what I had or, depending on the estimate, I may have my tiny 1/5 c. diamond mounted in the middle of two emeralds. The diamond in my engagement ring has always had a special sparkle but the setting is showing it's aged wear and tear.

When we got home, I spent time with my horses. They enjoyed the attention and the brushing.

Later in the day, and during the evening, #1 son and his wife, as well as #2 son and his girlfriend, stopped in. They brought gifts, which I will always cherish in my memory, bright yellow tulips and a handmade button flower pin. We simply enjoyed the evening with good pizza (my choice) and good talk.

I told Hubby yesterday, it was probably the best birthday, and day, I'd enjoyed in a very long time. I think I smiled and laughed all day!

Saturday and just "being" with those I love was the best gift of all!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Nice! It was my husband's birthday, too. Happy Birthday!